Introductions

Introductions - Urban Issues - Miscellaneous News, Topics, Interests
angrysuburbanite
Nicollet Mall

Re: Introductions

Postby angrysuburbanite » February 7th, 2024, 8:30 pm

Also I did not realize it was possible to have a personal streetlight collection - that's really cool!
"A developed country is not a place where the poor have cars. It's where the rich use public transportation."

Note: Many of the thoughts expressed above may be pretty stupid or ill-informed, with some rare good ideas interspersed.

Multimodal
US Bank Plaza

Postby Multimodal » March 28th, 2024, 9:40 am

Welcome, angrysuburbanite. Awesome name.

As hard as urbanism is to do in cities, it's twice as hard in suburbs. Welcome to the revolution.

angrysuburbanite
Nicollet Mall

Postby angrysuburbanite » May 13th, 2024, 9:34 pm

Welcome, angrysuburbanite. Awesome name.

As hard as urbanism is to do in cities, it's twice as hard in suburbs. Welcome to the revolution.
Thanks! It didn't take too long to come up with a username haha! It's crazy that I am already at 104 posts... I feel that my contributions to conversations have been minimal or uninformed at best, and I also really need to get a life, reading through the forums has become a bit of a pastime (read: addiction).

I've been going on bike rides more as it gets nicer out, and it is still really impressive that I am able to use protected paths for the majority of my trips out in the suburbs. There is hope! The Minnesota River Bluffs trail is my personal favorite, I wish there were more like it! (though being paved would be nice, y'all on the section in St. Louis Park are living in luxury) I don't know if it's confirmation bias, but I have noticed an increasing amount of bikers who appear to be commuting places in the past year.

There is definitely a lot of work to get non-car-dependent infrastructure built, but remaining optimistic is important! Even in my relatively short time here on the forums, lots has happened to move the Twin Cities in the right direction! I'm looking in to joining my suburb's planning commission as a student as soon as I am able to (you have to be a senior :x aargh)
"A developed country is not a place where the poor have cars. It's where the rich use public transportation."

Note: Many of the thoughts expressed above may be pretty stupid or ill-informed, with some rare good ideas interspersed.