Black Lives Matter, The Police, etc.

Introductions - Urban Issues - Miscellaneous News, Topics, Interests
Sacrelicio
Union Depot

Re: Black Lives Matter, The Police, etc.

Postby Sacrelicio » November 24th, 2015, 10:13 am

nordeast homer
US Bank Plaza

Postby nordeast homer » November 24th, 2015, 11:51 am

I would guess this is the same group that had prepared a bunch of molotov cocktails on Friday, supposedly the FBI had taken a bunch of them into custody. I may not agree with everything BLM does, but they've done nothing to bring this kind of response. They need to find these 3 numbskulls and the rest of their group needs to crawl back under the rock they came from.

mattaudio
Stone Arch Bridge

Postby mattaudio » November 24th, 2015, 12:04 pm

One arrest in Bloomington

nordeast homer
US Bank Plaza

Postby nordeast homer » November 24th, 2015, 12:05 pm

It's a start...

David Greene
IDS Center

Postby David Greene » November 24th, 2015, 1:42 pm

They got a second one.

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » November 24th, 2015, 2:08 pm

A Hispanic male. I was a little confused at first, but then I remembered George Zimmerman. It's just awful.

David Greene
IDS Center

Postby David Greene » November 24th, 2015, 2:15 pm

I saw a video on Facebook that purported to show one of the White Supremacists who harrassed protesters on Monday get into an unmarked car whose driver had some kind of patch on his shoulder. It looked very much like an MPD or state trooper patch. I cannot find the video again, unfortunately.

Anyone else seen this? I'm not saying it's real but I didn't have time to really examine it and now I can't find it.

David Greene
IDS Center

Postby David Greene » November 24th, 2015, 2:20 pm

At the risk of Matt's ire :), may I say that Barb Johnson is a poisonous bunch-back'd toad.

http://www.startribune.com/police-searc ... 353154811/
Council President Barb Johnson said the shooting Monday evening was a “continuation of a stressful time for the neighbors that live in the area surrounding the Fourth Precinct,” adding that “they deserve some peace and some rest.”

Johnson disputed comments that police had taken too long to react to the shooting, and said officers responded in three minutes. She said she believes it’s time for the demonstrations to end, in part because they are attracting attention from outside groups.

“That’s part of the problem with these protests: the longer they go on, the more participation there is from across the country,” Johnson said. “The longer it goes on, the worse it gets.”

The council president said she would not be participating in any activities planned at the Fourth Precinct on Tuesday.

“I deal with my command staff at the Police Department and take their direction,” she said.

trigonalmayhem

Postby trigonalmayhem » November 24th, 2015, 3:09 pm

She's a nasty vile woman and she needs to go away and get the hell out of local politics.

xandrex
Wells Fargo Center

Postby xandrex » November 24th, 2015, 3:25 pm

A Hispanic male. I was a little confused at first, but then I remembered George Zimmerman. It's just awful.
Don't know why it would be confusing. One need not be non-Hispanic white to possess bigotry or want to harm peaceful protesters.

I am curious if they'll keep referring to them as white supremacists should this Hispanic man actually be one of the shooters. Social justice folks are usually pretty careful to separate NH whites from Hispanic whites. The implication is normally that white supremacy = NH white supremacy.

EOst
Capella Tower

Postby EOst » November 24th, 2015, 4:16 pm

Really just shameful. There should be an effort starting now to make sure that she isn't voted in as Council President again.

acs
Wells Fargo Center

Postby acs » November 24th, 2015, 4:38 pm

At the risk of Matt's ire :), may I say that Barb Johnson is a poisonous bunch-back'd toad.

http://www.startribune.com/police-searc ... 353154811/
Council President Barb Johnson said the shooting Monday evening was a “continuation of a stressful time for the neighbors that live in the area surrounding the Fourth Precinct,” adding that “they deserve some peace and some rest.”

Johnson disputed comments that police had taken too long to react to the shooting, and said officers responded in three minutes. She said she believes it’s time for the demonstrations to end, in part because they are attracting attention from outside groups.

“That’s part of the problem with these protests: the longer they go on, the more participation there is from across the country,” Johnson said. “The longer it goes on, the worse it gets.”

10/10 would vote for her again. ;)
The council president said she would not be participating in any activities planned at the Fourth Precinct on Tuesday.

“I deal with my command staff at the Police Department and take their direction,” she said.
10/10 would vote for her again. ;)

acs
Wells Fargo Center

Postby acs » November 24th, 2015, 6:20 pm

I saw a video on Facebook that purported to show one of the White Supremacists who harrassed protesters on Monday get into an unmarked car whose driver had some kind of patch on his shoulder. It looked very much like an MPD or state trooper patch. I cannot find the video again, unfortunately.

Anyone else seen this? I'm not saying it's real but I didn't have time to really examine it and now I can't find it.
All I ask is that you don't throw bricks when the evidence comes out and it doesn't fit your narrative.

grant1simons2
IDS Center

Postby grant1simons2 » November 24th, 2015, 6:57 pm

And why would he do that?

acs
Wells Fargo Center

Postby acs » November 24th, 2015, 8:19 pm

If these are the kinds of wild accusations floating around BLM right now, I'm not sure there's any amount of justice likely to come out of this that will satisfy some of these people. Fingers crossed we've reached the low point of this already.

Sacrelicio
Union Depot

Postby Sacrelicio » November 24th, 2015, 9:16 pm

All I ask is that you don't throw bricks when the evidence comes out and it doesn't fit your narrative.
I've been seeing a lot of "narrative" talk being thrown around today. What "narrative" are you talking about, acs?

mplsjaromir
Wells Fargo Center

Postby mplsjaromir » November 24th, 2015, 10:20 pm

Privileged people never want oppressed people to have safe spaces. It forces them to reflect and be cognizant of what power is afford them.

kirby96
Union Depot

Postby kirby96 » November 25th, 2015, 9:50 am

It looked very much like an MPD or state trooper patch.

Actually, the Strib is reporting it was a patch with a symbol representing a racist web site. Might wanna back off on the alarmist speculation.

http://www.startribune.com/social-media ... 353411111/

Sacrelicio
Union Depot

Postby Sacrelicio » November 25th, 2015, 11:27 am

Actually, the Strib is reporting it was a patch with a symbol representing a racist web site. Might wanna back off on the alarmist speculation.

I think it represents 4chan's /k/ or /pol/ boards, where the shooters were active before the attack. /k/ is a weapons board, /pol/ is a politics board. Both have a lot of racist and extreme right wing content.

gpete
Union Depot

Postby gpete » November 25th, 2015, 12:01 pm

The Strib article didn't mention the incident that David is referring to. David is referring to the video at the bottom of this article: http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/11/v ... is-agent/#